Pages

5.05.2010

2 Vintage Cameras, Imperial Satellite, Kodak Brownie Starmite

I thought I had a couple of winners here, I picked up both cameras for $7.  I have started this auction out at $9.99, and if I only get one bid, I will just about break even after all the fees.  These old cameras are hit or miss, but for that price I will always take the gamble.Here's one on Amazon without the box for over $20 when you add shipping:  Vintage Kodak Brownie Starmite TLR Camera.  Of course, it is still sitting there, not selling and collecting dust.

The key to this gamble was the condition of the cameras.  There were two more sitting right next to these, but they did not have the boxes.  Original boxes can double or triple the value of a collectable.

CAMERAS IMPERIAL SATELLITE 127 KODAK BROWNIE STARMITE ends May 12

Update 5/20/10:
No takers on this lot.  I have relisted it for 99 cents.  Someone will buy it, but I will almost certainly lose money on this one.

Update 5/27/10:  sold for $5.70.  The shipping on this was almost $15, which really killed the deal, as well as the cameras not being worth a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment